Miami Premises Liability Lawyer
A premises liability accident occurs when a property owner has knowledge of a hazard (or they are legally presumed to have knowledge of the hazard) and does not fix, repair, or take action to remedy the hazard in a reasonable amount of time, and as a result someone gets injured or killed because of this negligence. Whether you were injured in a slip and fall or attacked by a third party at a nightclub, the Miami premises liability lawyer at Spencer Morgan Law is here to review, take on, and litigate your case.
Types of Premises Liability Claims We Handle
Premises accidents can happen in office buildings, grocery stores, sidewalks, parking lots, big box stores, private residences, public institutions, and everywhere else in society. No matter where you go, there is someone responsible for upholding their duty of care to you and others, and failing to uphold this duty of care can result in a personal injury claim or lawsuit being filed against them.
- Slip and falls—Slip and falls can occur at stores, businesses, rental properties, grocery stores, or even a friend’s home.
- Trip and falls—Like slip and falls, trip and falls often end with broken bones, concussion, sprains, and soft tissue tears.
- Negligent security—Businesses, particularly bars and nightclubs, have a duty to provide a certain degree of safety for their invitees. Failure to do so can result in a negligent security premises claim.
- Bouncer assaults—Not only do bars need to create a safe environment for invitees, but their security bouncers are required to obey the law and refrain from violence unless in self defense.
- Dog attacks—Dog attacks, whether they are on the owner’s property or not, are considered premises liability claims when they attack innocent victims.
- School accidents—School accidents range from bullying, to playground accidents, to slip and falls.
- Swimming pool accidents—Swimming pool drownings are one of the leading causes of young child deaths, and homeowners and other parties can be liable for injury or fatality.
- Elevator and escalator accidents—Malls, parking garages, office buildings, airports, and other large buildings that rely on escalators and elevators have a duty to properly maintain them.
- Structural collapses—Stairways, roofs, entire floors, porches, stadium seating, and many other large structures will eventually lose their battle with gravity if the property owner fails in their duty to inspect and repair damage.
Contact a Miami Trip and Fall Accident Attorney
It is impossible to estimate what your injury case may be worth until we have a more complete picture of your medical expenses, your projected recovery and potential long or short term disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and much more. During this time, we urge you to refrain from discussing your premises liability accident with the business owner, property owner, or the at-fault party’s insurance company, as anything you say is likely to only hurt your claim and chances of fair compensation. Do not wait to contact a Miami premises liability accident lawyer at Spencer Morgan Law today at 305-423-3800 to schedule a free consultation.