Miami Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Sadly, our culture gives very little respect to those whose chosen mode of transportation is something other than a car or truck. In most municipalities, close to 99 percent of the transportation budget is given to motor vehicles. Cyclists and pedestrians are usually an afterthought. This has created an extremely dangerous environment for both cyclists and pedestrians. On top of this, a concerningly large portion of drivers have an aggressive and downright violent attitude towards cyclists. If you are the victim of road rage, or simple distraction, our Miami bicycle accident lawyer at Spencer Morgan Law can help you get the financial justice you are seeking.
Top Five Most Common Types of Cyclist Vs. Driver Collisions
- Driver’s right hook—The driver makes a right turn in front of the cyclist—who has right of way— in the bike lane or shoulder.
- Failure to yield from a side street—The driver pulls out in front of the cyclist from a side street, parking lot, or driveway and hits the cyclist, who had right of way.
- Hit from behind—The driver hits the cyclist from behind, often due to distracted driving.
- Left turn failure to yield—The driver makes a left turn across the cyclist’s path, violating the right of way of the cyclist.
- Hit while riding in the crosswalk or sidewalk—A driver hits a cyclist who was using the sidewalk or crosswalk. The former typically happens when the driver is pulling out of, or into, a parking lot, while the latter occurs in intersections.
- Road rage—Road rage crashes happen whenever a driver intentionally does something to intimidate, harass, frighten, or otherwise cause the cyclist to crash. This can occur during a right hook or any of the other above types of collisions, from passing too closely (buzzing the cyclist) without hitting them, aggressive honking, and other types of collisions.
Proving that the driver caused the crash can be difficult in a bike vs. car crash, as the driver typically blames the cyclist and will even lie to police about what really happened. To make matters worse, many police are biased, themselves, against cyclists. As such, you need to work with a highly competent personal injury attorney with experience winning large settlements and lawsuit verdicts specifically in bike crashes. Search for an attorney who actually rides a bike themselves, and not only has full understanding of Florida’s bike laws, but has an understanding of the traumatic and unfair experience that you have been through.
Damages in Miami Bicycle Collision
- Medical expenses
- Future medical costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and PTSD
- Lost wages due to disability
- Lost future earning ability due to disability
- Property damage
- And more.
Call a Miami Bicycle Accident Attorney Today
Just about all collisions are preventable. Make no mistake, driver error was the cause of your crash and your resulting injuries, and the at-fault driver should and can be held responsible. We urge you to reach out to an experienced Miami bicycle accident lawyer at Spencer Morgan Law for assistance. Call 305-423-3800 today to schedule a free consultation.