Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Recent studies have determined that medical error is the third-leading cause of death in the United States, after heart attacks and strokes. The most tragic aspect of these 225,000 needless deaths every year is that medical mistakes could all be prevented if doctors and hospitals were more mindful to deliver treatment with the expected level of care and competence. Our experienced Miami medical malpractice lawyer fights to obtain justice for his clients and improve medical care for all by holding medical providers accountable for their mistakes and forcing them to improve their level of care.
Complicated Medical Malpractice Cases Require Aggressive, Experienced Attorneys to Pursue Them
Doctors and other health care providers, as well as hospitals, clinics and other medical facilities, are held to a high standard of professionalism and competence. When doctors perform below the expected level of care, and patients are injured because of their mistakes, those patients have a right to seek compensation for the harm done, including compensation for additional medical expenses incurred, lost income, pain and suffering, and other legal damages. Unfortunately, doctors, hospitals and their insurance providers make it very hard for injured plaintiffs to recover, by fighting in the legislature and in the courts to limit the ability of medical malpractice victims to recover adequate compensation for medical errors. Sadly, patients are injured every day due to medical mistakes like the following:
- Patient is given the wrong medication
- Patient is administered the wrong dosage (dangerous overdose or ineffective under dose)
- Negligent nursing care
- Patient acquires an infection in the hospital due to inadequate sanitation and hygiene
- Misdiagnosis of cancer, or delayed diagnosis allowing disease to spread
- Failure to properly treat a medical condition
- Surgical errors such as performing the wrong surgery on the wrong patient; performing surgery on the wrong side of the body; leaving a sponge, clamp or other foreign object inside the patient; or causing internal bleeding with a surgical mistake
- Failure to obtain informed consent or going beyond the bounds of informed consent
- Failure to prevent dangerous blood clots after surgery
At Spencer Morgan Law, we understand how to build a strong case for medical malpractice, despite the difficulties of these complex cases. We consult with distinguished medical experts as needed to review the patient’s medical records and determine whether their injury was the result of a failure to treat according to the appropriate standard of care. We prepare and present a case that establishes the health care provider’s liability and communicates that fact in an understandable and persuasive way.
Help is Available for Miami Medical Malpractice Injuries
If you believe that you or a loved one has been harmed by a medical error caused by a doctor, hospital or other health care provider or medical facility, contact Spencer Morgan Law at 305-423-3800 to speak with an aggressive, dedicated Miami medical malpractice lawyer.